Established in 1925 as the Charles V. Dirig Sheet Metal Works, Dirig Sheet Metal has remained true to founder Charles V. Dirig’s vision of providing high-quality craftsmanship to every client.
Throughout its history, Dirig Sheet Metal has been a family-owned business, with Charles Dirig selling the business to Gene Dirig in 1966. In 1993, Gene Dirig sold the company to Stan and Cathy Watkins, who remain at the company’s helm to this day.
At the time of the Watkins’ acquisition of Dirig Sheet Metal, the company had three employees. Today, Dirig Sheet Metal is considered an industry leader in specialty sheet metal, with more than 100 skilled employees boasting an average of more than 25 years of experience in the trade. Our quality craftsmen have undertaken a wide range of challenges, providing exceptional outcomes on incredibly detailed work for all our customers.
Dirig Sheet Metal is a member of numerous trade, industrial and professional organizations, including:
- Indiana Sheet Metal Association of Contractors
- Sheet Metal Workers International Association
- Sheet Metal Air Conditioning Contractors National Association
- Fort Wayne Area Sheet Metal Contracting Association
- Northeast Indiana Construction Alliance
- Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce
- Top Notch of Northeast Indiana
- Better Business Bureau of Northeast Indiana